This was the scene as smoke billowed from a chapel in Cove near Farnborough on Monday evening.
The building affected is the Victoria Road Chapel in the cemetery, which is understood to be no longer in use.
Firefighters in five pump engines have been sent to the incident which has seen Victoria Road is closed between Marrowbrook Lane and Elm Grove Road as a result.
Images posted on Twitter show large plumes of smoke from the chapel on what has been the hottest day of 2016 so far.
Marc Pennell, manager of the Alexandra Pub opposite the building, said: "It started about an hour ago (around 7pm). A gentleman came in and the said that the 'chapel was on fire'.
"It just looked like smoke from the chimney at first but then within 10 minutes it just went up.
"There's three fire engines here. There's no roof on the building anymore, all the slates have come off. The pub is still open although the car park has been closed."
More to follow