A grant from Sport England has transformed Cove Bowling Club.
Founded in 1910, the club started with three rinks, a small tin hut and a primus stove. In 1955 it was improved by the addition of three more rinks and a clubhouse built by members out of an old chicken shed and stable block.
After occupying these building for 48 years, thanks to grants from Sport England and the Lottery Sports Fund, plus Rushmoor Council and other sponsors, Cove BC has now moved into its purpose built clubhouse at Horn Road.
The official opening is on July 5 by Coun Rosemary Possee, Rushmoor Leisure and Youth chief.
The club plans to run short mat bowling in winter as well as hiring out the premises to local groups for day time use.
There is also room for new members. Contact Alan Harton on 01252 8976078 for details.