How we use Cookies

Street cordoned off after man breathed in fish tank gas

The flammable gas left the resident suffering from breathing difficulties and needing hospital treatment

Around 25 firefighters were called to a property in Farnborough on Tuesday evening (June 17) after a man breathed in hazardous fumes from a fish tank.

Firefighters from Rushmoor, Basingstoke and Winchester were called to an address in Lynchford Lane just before 9.30pm, following reports that a man in his 40s had been feeling unwell.

Six fire engines from Rushmoor fire station attended and crews cordoned off the area for two hours.

A spokesperson said the man had been exposed to a flammable gas, which turned out not to pose a risk to neighbours.

One ambulance from South East Coast Ambulance Service (SECAmb) attended and the man was assessed and treated for breathing difficulties before being taken to Frimley Park Hospital.

A spokesperson for SECAmb said he had suffered the effects of breathing in chemical fumes, but was now thought to have made a full recovery.

 

Journalists

Pete Bryant
Chief Reporter (Aldershot)
Laura Nightingale
Yateley Reporter
Natalie Garland
Farnborough Reporter
Jon Couch
Sport Editor
Fergus McEwan
Community & Schools Editor
Stephen Lloyd
Fleet Reporter
Ros Collins
Junior News & Mail
Full newsroom contact details
Tell us what's happening in your area