Plans to significantly develop Eversley could be submitted as early as October.
Gawthorpe Estates wants to build new homes at various sites in the village and develop the dated elderly accommodation in Paul’s Field.
WYG, agents on behalf of the developers, held a public exhibition in January to obtain feedback on plans for around 200 homes across four sites around Eversley Centre, Eversley Cross and Up Green.
On Tuesday, WYG returned to Eversley Village Hall to make a presentation on their latest plans which include fewer homes and less sites than previously proposed.
Trevor Moody from WYG said: “There was a concern of the scale of the proposal, so we have decided to drop two of the four sites.
“Part of the revised plans provide benefits to the village such as bringing the suitable alternative natural greenspace (SANG) closer in to the development, so residents can use it. We are also keen to slow traffic flow into the village.”
Around 50 residents were shown a presentation updating them on the housing development. Sites just south of Reading Road and one near Hollybush Lane have been removed from the scheme.
However, there were no precise details of how many homes, their size or exact locations. It also failed to explain how the village schools would be able to cope with additional children and what traffic-calming methods would be introduced.
Phillip Todd, chairman of Everlsey Parish Council who chaired the meeting, said: “Whilst the parish and district council do not know exactly how many homes is proposed, it would be very difficult for us to say what we do or do not want. I don’t know if we are going to be able to give any feedback on this presentation.”
A number of residents shouted out during the meeting that they were angry with the lack of detail, especially after WYG said a planning application would be expected by October.
One resident said: “I live six metres from the boundary of site one. You have nothing to show us in terms of layout.
“How are you going to use the feedback from today, finalise your plans, talk to the council and hold another public exhibition before you submit a planning application?”
Another concerned neighbour said: “At the end of the day we do not want this development so we will be fighting it all the way.”
The agent announced that it would not wait for Hart District Council to complete its Local Plan document, which determines the number of houses to be built in Hart over the coming years, before submitting an application.
Tom James, of Omega architects and part of the development team, said: “We specialise in sensitive rural developments.
“We have taken a step back to analyse the sites from scratch and what the impact would be. We will try and re-create the housing patterns already set up in the area. The next stage would be to add more detail and to have another public exhibition.”
A second public consultation is likely to be held mid-September.