A Farnborough retail park was evacuated on Thursday afternoon after fire crews were alerted to a suspected methane gas leak.
All nine units at the Solartron retail park, in Solartron Road, were evacuated at around 3pm and a cordon was put in place.
No methane was detected, but the store at the centre of the alert was advised by the fire service to have its equipment checked before reopening.
DFS, Carpetright, ScS, Allied Carpets, Maplin and Pets at Home all operate from the retail park.
Rushmoor fire station crew manager, Ian Crawley, said his team and crews from Basingstoke were at the scene until just before 6pm.
"The retail park is built on an old waste site," he said.
"Our equipment detected no methane present.
"There is legislation in place to make sure the levels of methane in the area are monitored, which is a requirement of these things getting planning permission.
"The company that called us did the right thing because their equipment was detecting a fault, which could have meant a methane leak.
"It took quite a while to get to the bottom of it.
"Our advice was for them to get professional services in as soon as possible to check the equipment, before re-opening to the public."