- RSPCA cruelty statistics 20161:20
- Fleet Services temporary building opens0:44
- Inside Hart Leisure Centre1:41
- Aldershot Garrison PT's Passing Out1:49
- Yateley School's production of The Sound of Music1:57
- Soldiers' new accommodation arrives at Aldershot 2:08
- Michael Casey court0:05
- Victoria Road Aldershot0:31
- 'Love Rushmoor' app0:35
Monty the Penguin has warmed the heart of a nation this autumn following his appearance in John Lewis’s celebrated annual Christmas advert.
The station is hoping to spread a little cheer this Christmas with the tale of Hal the Penguin and his best mate presenter Charlene Guy.
The pair share a studio and go everywhere together. But while Hal is passionate about his career in broadcasting, he longs to fulfil his dream of serving the armed forces.
Just a simple salute is a problem for Hal, whose flippers really aren’t cut out for the job, but he is determined to perfect his drill and marching skills.
Now, Charlene has been able to give Hal the future he’s always dreamed of - he’s been recruited into the Penguin Reserves and will finally be able to serve his fellow creatures.
BFBS presenter and producer Hal Stewart, who bears more than just a passing resemblance to Hal, said: “My acting style has been described as very ‘method’.
“I really got into the role - by that I mean I didn’t allow the wife to put the heating on for three months and only ate fish.”