WOKING may have gone unbeaten over the crucial Easter period, but the two successive draws over Leigh RMI and Hereford have done nothing to help cement their status in the Conference next season.

Geoff Chapple's Cards are one of four sides on 42 points at the foot of the table and but for Geoff Pitcher's last gasp equaliser at Edgar Street on Monday, they would have languishing in the bottom three.

Woking's problem isn't so much their form, but that of their rivals around them.

Stalybridge have surprisingly beaten high-fliers Yeovil and Doncaster in 48 hours, Chester and Scarborough are hanging on in there and even bottom two Hayes and Dover are staging late rallies.

But Chapple's men had the perfect opportunity to pull away from the struggling pack on Saturday when they entertained mid-table Leigh at the Kingfield.

Once again, however, Woking threw away that chance and could only come out with a 1-1 draw in a match they should have won.

The visitors took the lead somewhat against the run of play in the first half through Marcus Hallows, but a spirited fightback saw the Cards level when Barry Moore reacted to a rebound after Pitcher struck a shot against the bar.

But with both Stalybridge and Scarborough winning, it did the Cards no good.

Monday saw a trickier tie at Hereford, and this time Chapple's men were forced to fight with all their might for a point. Pitcher's 90th minute equaliser after Paul Parry had been sent off for the home side was just desserts for the Cards after Jon Boardman had earlier scored.

Wins for Stalybridge, Dover and Hayes and draws each for Chester and Scarborough made the Conference bottom six interesting reading come 4.45pm.

Farnborough Town helped Woking in their cause on Saturday, when disposing of a poor Hayes side 3-0 at Church Road on Saturday.

The free-scoring Boro broke the deadlock on 30 minutes courtesy of Tony Taggart's 30th minute free kick scorcher.

Hayes never really looked like threatening the Boro goal and two strikes in the space of three minutes from Christian Lee and Joff Vansittart sealed a comprehensive third successive victory.

Three soon became four for buoyant Boro chief Graham Westley, as Boro took their recent tally of goals to 17 in the last four matches with a 4-1 defeat of Northwich Victoria at the AIMITA Stadium 48 hours later.

The Vics took a 41st minute lead through John Grant but two goals in first half injury time from Dean Green and then Taggart, put Boro in the ascendancy.

Victory looked more or less guaranteed from that moment on with Vansittart and Lenny Piper completing the rout in the second half.

Aldershot Town suffered a similar weekend to the Conference neighbours Woking with two successive draws in the Ryman League.

Terry Brown's men came back from 3-1 down to level 3-3 against Heybridge Swifts on Saturday with new signing Dave Carroll equalising late on.

Mark Watson and Adam Parker had earlier scored for the Shots while the other debutant, Chris Allen - signed from Dover - created two of the three goals through classic wing play.

Former Nottingham Forest and Oxford man Allen then turned scorer on Monday when opening his account for his new club at Basingstoke before Jason Eaton levelled six minutes later.