One-way systems will once again be in force around Farnborough during this year's air show.
Organisers have said the plans used in 2012 will be adopted again in 2014 with Farnborough International Ltd's traffic management team making "every effort to reduce the impact that the traffic, generated by the air show, will have on local residents".
The temporary changes around Farnborough Airport will be the responsibility of the AA.
Park Road July 13-20:
From 12noon on July 13 to 10pm on Sunday July 20, the Park Road one-way system (from its junction with Reading Road to its junction with Lynchford Road), will be reversed and extended to reach the junction with the A331.
Lynchford Road one-way system July 14-20 (7am-2pm):
A one-way system will run along the A3011 Lynchford Road towards Farnborough Airport -with the road only open to vehicles heading towards the air show between 7am and 2pm. Traffic heading away from the air show will go along Old Lynchford Road, Winchester Street, Netley Street, Alexandra Road, Reading Road and Park Road up to the roundabout at the junction with the A331. It is expected that the diversion will be removed by noon daily. However, this will depend on the amount of traffic entering the show.
During the diversion the western end of Old Lynchford Road (from the junction with Lynchford Road to its junction with Winchester Street) will be made one-way to ease the traffic flow.
Lynchford Road one-way system July 19-20 (3pm-8pm)
A one-way system will run on the A3011 Lynchford Road away from the Airfield
between its junction with Alexandra Road and its junction with the Lynchford interchange (A331).
These roads will be closed at the same time as the westbound Lynchford Road one-way system from July 14-20 between 7am and 2pm:
- Netley Street at its junction with Winchester Street
- Lynchford Road at its junction with Old Lynchford Road (western end)
- Southampton Street at its junction with Old Lynchford Road
- Osborne Road at its junction with Old Lynchford Road
- Peabody Road at its junction with Lynchford Road
These roads will be closed at the same time as the eastbound Lynchford Road one-way system from July 19-20 between 3pm and 8pm:
- Alexandra Road at its junction with Lynchford Road
- A331 northbound Blackwater Valley Road off-slip at Lynchford interchange
- A331 southbound off-slip at Lynchford interchange junction with Lynchford Road (flyover)
- The following road closures will take place for the whole Airshow week:
- Netley Street at its junction with the A325 Farnborough Road
- Church Road West at its junction with the A325 Farnborough Rd
- Queens Road at its junction with Peabody Road
- Closeworth Road at its junction with Park Road
- Lynchford Road at its junction with Park Road (northbound only)
These movements will not be allowed from July 14-20:
- All right hand turns on the A325 Farnborough Road between its junction with Boundary Road to its junction with Lynchford Road (Queens Roundabout)
- Right hand turns from Salesian View, South Street, and Whites Road into Park Road
- Left hand turns from Falkland Court and Lynchford Road into Park Road
The following turns will also be banned from 7am-2pm on July 14-20:
- Right hand turn from Alexandra Road into Netley Street
- Right hand turn from Netley Street into Alexandra Road
- Right hand turn from Alexandra Road into Queens Road
- Right hand turn from Queens Road into Alexandra Road
From 3pm-8pm on July 19 and 20, the following will not be allowed:
- Right hand turn from Peabody Road and Morris Road into Lynchford Road
Rushmoor Borough Council has said it cannot reserve parking spaces on the road for residents but can deal with vehicles obstruction access to properties. Residents can call 01252 398399 if they have this problem.
Taxis not registered in Rushmoor cannot pick-up trade in the borough. Anyone requiring information on taxis during the air show should call 01252 398399.